Localization engineer by day, language geek by night. Very interested in etymologies and the historical development of language over time. Active on the English Wiktionary.
Top Network Posts
- 14Nouns exhibiting vowel fronting
- 14Why is たばこ written in hiragana instead of katakana?
- 13Are there any old loanwords from Korean, especially any not written in katakana?
- 11Is verb ending ない shortened to ん?
- 11Why do Japanese people 'teach' others their phone numbers?
- 10Why is this katakana not reversed?
- 10How are 買 and 売 related?
- View more network posts →