I have a doctorate in philosophy from Fordham University. My main areas of research specialization are modern German philosophy (Kant, Hegel, and Kierkegaard) and classical Confucianism (Kongzi, Mengzi). I presently work at a University in Japan as a 特任講師 (aka "Specially Appointed Associate Professor" -- at least that's what the Internet tells me: https://iss-intl.osaka-u.ac.jp/supportoffice/eng/housing/navi/status/ )
I worked for 10 years as a web application developer writing code in PHP (generally object-oriented) and working with MySQL (moderately normalized database design) to deliver HTML/JS/CSS. I used to answer questions on Experts Exchange and had a reputation of 825,192 there before I became disappointed with their model (mostly PHP and MySQL questions).
Top Network Posts
- 51Parents attending thesis defense?
- 40Word for a task which is flawed or doomed to failure but which you have to do anyway?
- 38Why does Dawkins think it is wrong to posit that a paragon of 100% morals could theoretically exist?
- 37Should I challenge the GRE requirement for a doctoral program in education (in the U.S.)?
- 27Why can't humans believe contradictions?
- 25Should I send an email to authors of a paper I enjoyed reading?
- 24Can you get a tenure-track position in philosophy with a J.D.?
- View more network posts →