I graduated from Ohio University in 2011 with a B.A. in Linguistics with a minor in Japanese. Nearly half of my time enrolled at Ohio was spent studying at Chubu University near Nagoya, Japan. I plan eventually to go to graduate school for foreign language education, to become certified to teach Japanese at the secondary level.
In the mean time, however, I program (primarily in PHP and SQL). I also recently began working as a freelance Japanese-to-English translator, though I've translated anime and manga as a hobby in the past.
Top Network Posts
- 30i-adjectives used as na-adjectives: is there a difference? (e.g. 大きい versus 大きな)
- 29Should I use a comma before "and" or "or"?
- 23Are the dwarf runes from 'The Hobbit' just a script or does it have a language?
- 21Is the seeming relation between the sound /n/ and negativity purely coincidental?
- 20Have any movies been based on Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series?
- 18Why does 今度【こんど】 mean "next time"?
- 16Story identification: short story in which a man on a train learns how to mentally control the rolling of dice
- View more network posts →