Native language German, learning English and Japanese. I'm interested in interesting things irrelevant to the relevant.
I realized I really like the descriptive point of view. And how important real-life examples that don't sound forced are, at least for language-related questions. Too bad I suck at coming up with "normal" example sentences (even in German), so I tend to cite from books and webpages.
Top network posts
- 21Meaning of ぬ added to 連用形 / masu-stem, as in 風立ちぬ
- 15Why isn't ある's negative form あらない?
- 15Why "Ich habe Hunger" and not "Ich bin Hunger"?
- 12町｛ちょう｝、町｛まち｝、街｛がい｝、街｛まち｝ - how to pick the correct pronunciation?
- 12Keep the unique characters down
- 11Tage wie diese/dieser/diesen
- 9Etymology of transitive/intransitive verb pairs
- View more network posts →