I have an academic degree in Japanese linguistics with a focus on historic linguistics. My primary areas of study are Old and Early Middle Japanese, though I am generally familiar with the later periods as well. I am most interested in historical language change and etymology.
I have lived in Japan for most of my life. While Japanese is my primarily language on an every day basis, other than dialects, I am not too interested in Modern Japanese as it is many centuries removed from my primary areas of interests.
I am here to discuss linguistics, ideally historical Japanese linguistics. Unfortunately, the site seems to specialize in JSL (Japanese as a Second Language) for elementary language learners. As such, I am no longer as active here as I used to be. If you really want my input, tag my name and if the topic interests me I may answer. Other than that, you may find me doing more administrative tasks such as reviewing posts and edits as time permits.
Top Network Posts
- 32Kanji for native Japanese concepts: Kun'yomi spanning multiple morphemes
- 19Who decides what katakana will be used to form English loan words?
- 17How is the wind related to illness?
- 17Create a new XDocument from an existing XDocument
- 16What is the difference between "河" and "川"?
- 16What is the difference between 首相 and 総理?
- 15Typo or am I missing something? 「ドイツ語も勉強しないとですね。」
- View more network posts →