Here at Japanese SE, we see many questions along the lines of "Do you know any books/programs/websites that would help me learn XYZ in Japanese?", even though we (and the stack exchange network in general), are specifically not setup to handle those questions well. Inspired by Chinese Language and Usage's method for handling resource information, we decided to try it here. The idea is to provide a go-to list for those interested in resources while the discussion about whether to allow resource questions is ongoing.
Please do not create resource questions on the main site asking for websites, books, courses, word-lists, or other "shopping recommendations", the question will be downvoted, closed and possibly deleted. Resource related questions are off-topic for Japanese SE.
If you are looking for a particular resource that you do not see on this list, the appropriate place to ask is almost certainly the Japanese SE Chatroom.
Likewise, ask in the chatroom if you have a resource you would like to add to the list, or if you have other questions. The small group that maintains this list overlaps quite a bit with those you will likely find in the chatroom.
- Each answer covers a particular category.
- Where relevant, state whether the material is suited to a beginner, intermediate or advanced audience.
- Don't include links to any illegal/copyright violating content, or sites that host such content.
- Follow our community rules on self-promotion.
- Keep your entries as succinct as possible to maintain a easy-to-follow list format.
- Add the resources in alphabetical order so they're easier to find.
- Please avoid using comments for questions or comments here. If you have something that needs to be said, please discuss it in the chatroom and we'll edit an entry if we need to.